Flu season is around the corner. Before it gets here, be sure to come by your pharmacy to get the flu shot. You can also schedule a flu clinic for your local business or organization.
Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is a viral infection that is spread by person-to-person means. Symptoms include:
- Body aches
- Chest discomfort
- Sore throat
While most people recover from in a few days, it can be more severe for certain people. It also means time away from work and family.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that everyone over the age of 6 months get a flu vaccine prior to the end of October. Every year the strain of influenza changes. This means that even if you received the flu shot last year, you still need one this year. Express Rx is here to help. We are more than happy to give you a flu shot in store, but there may be an easier option. Express Rx offers a clinical service for employers and other local groups to ensure their employees or members stay healthy all throughout the upcoming flu season.
How it works.
- An individual may call any local Express Rx to request a Flu Clinic.
- The pharmacist and employer or sponsor will arrange specific details such as time and place.
- The Express Rx pharmacist will come to the workplace or arranged meeting place.
- Everyone there will be the appropriate flu shot
- The pharmacist will then bill the individuals’ health insurance plan or employer, whichever is preferred.
This process provides a convenient and cost-effective way to protect yourself and those around you from the flu.
The pharmacist may also be able to administer other necessary vaccinations. As we are all aware, there has been an outbreak of Hepatitis A in parts of our state. Our Express Rx pharmacists can provide the Hepatitis A vaccination upon request. Don’t be left unprotected, call Express Rx today.