Cannabidiol or CBD has several potential health benefits. CBD products are thought to affect the endocannabinoid system which has many roles in the body including pain sensation, appetite, inflammation/immune response and several others.
Below is a list of common uses for CBD products as well as how it may work.
- Pain and Inflammation: CBD may interact with CB-1 receptors in the nervous system to prevent neurotransmitters from activating and transmitting pain signals across the body. Also, it may have effects on the immune system that result in decreased inflammation. Topical CBD products like creams and topical solutions can be applied directly to painful joints and muscle and provide relief.
- Anxiety and Depression: CBD may also affect serotonin and other neurotransmitters responsible for mood and stress.
- Appetite Stimulant
- Reduce Acne: if applied topical, CBD may reduce the incidence of breakouts due to ance and acne-related bacteria. CBD oil also have a number of antioxidants and antibacterial properties that may contribute to its effectiveness.
- Skin Conditions: Because of its ability to moderate the skin’s oil production (due to its connection with the endocannabinoid system) and its ability to reduce inflammation, CBD oil has been found to be an effective treatment against some serious skin conditions, like psoriasis and other rashes. It has been used to reduce rashes caused by allergic reactions and to support the healing process on other blemishes or bug bites.
- Heart Healthy: Some evidence suggests that CBD may dilate blood vessels and improve blood circulation which could result in lowered blood pressure.